Sunday, May 10, 2015

Passionate about technology remain 48 hours without cell in ‘detox beach’ – Globo.com

Have you ever been desperate when he realized he had forgotten his mobile phone at home? You would not be able to check your messages, not going to read your emails. I would not post, see updates, or what others are doing? For you are disconnected is an affliction? Because for some people it’s more than that. They get sick. Because they are digital dependents.

Are you addicted to the Internet? Take the test and see your level of dependency

Life Connected. At any time you can know everything. Now, with a twist, we got anywhere. A hyper-personal, passionate about technology, he left the comforts of home, and faced five hours of road. Twenty minutes by boat in the open sea, and two hours of track. No message! The destination is a deserted beach. The scenery is beautiful, but in paradise does not have electricity, hot water, phone signal and worst of all: no internet. Cell them were even confiscated logo at the beginning of the trip.

“It’s like its not a vital organ had somehow working,” says
José Gustavo Cal, advertising. “Like those who smoke without smoking. The person looks like. And the habit of spending so O, the screen, “says the commercial supervisor Sandra Resende.

About nomofobia

The abusive use of technology is a disorder that comes silently. Without realizing it, people go online to give priority to life and cease to enjoy life even. Do you think makes a healthy use of technology? So Fantastic issued a challenge to viewers during the subject appears in the video above: try to get to the end without looking at the phone, tablet or computer. Was not worth peek to see who sent the message. It sounds easy? . But some people do not get it

“And this disorder already has a name, is the nomofobia,” says psychiatrist Antonio Egidio Nardi -. UFRJ

The nomofobia name cometh English no-mobile-phobia. Is it fear or panic to get away from the phone itself

“There is clearly an abuse of technology.” Says Cristiano Nabuco, psychiatrist -.. USP

This is the case of a woman of 60 who preferred to remain anonymous. She is already in treatment for more than six months

Fantastic:. What is your relationship with the mobile phone
Woman 1: He is my safe haven. I can not leave home without it. If I go out and happened to forget, I have to go back, no matter from where I am. It sometimes happens that even trigger an asthma attack. Start to get short of breath, I get nervous, I start to sweat and beginning to run out of breath.

The same pleasure of food, make money or have sex

The digital addiction is serious business. In the American manual of psychiatric diagnoses, the Internet addiction is already officially viewed as a mental disorder and requires specific treatment with therapy and medication.

Harvard University, also in the United States, published a study that says talk of yourself on the Internet generates the same pleasure of food, earn money or sex.

China, Japan and South Korea already recognize addiction technologies as a public health problem. In Brazil, the problem is beginning to be recognized. In Rio de Janeiro is the Delete Institute, one of the first in the country to treat people dependent on internet.

Who gets to institute first undergoes a screening to psychologists, then by an evaluation with the psychiatrist. Then each type of disorder will be treated differently. Compulsive use social networking or instant message exchange applications. But for all patients is worth the same basic rule. The most important thing is not the time that the person spends connected but as a living online affect real life.

Symptoms of withdrawal

The Amazing accompanied the first visit of a young man of 23 who sought help.

“Every day I arrive at work for fear of being sent away, this causes me a big problem with anxiety. My ex-fiance also had many problems because of the phone because I did not go out, it was all day, all the time. We did nothing, did not go out, not walking, not traveling, I spent the whole time on the computer, “says the young woman.

The withdrawal symptoms are clear. “If I ”m’ no internet, I go on the street, boto credit. It may be early in the morning, if I saw that the internet stopped on the street and I’ll credit button, no matter the time. I’ve reached the point of being pulling my eyelashes, “she says.

” Drug use, alcohol use and dependence on technology have in common abstinence, because they all have an abstinence frame when the person who is dependent on a substance can not use that substance, “explains Ana Lucia King, the Delete Institute coordinator.

” Unlike a drug addiction, which is very easy for you to diagnose the naked eye when a person has a drinking problem, alcoholism or drug addiction drug. In the case of digital dependence, what we realized is that this is a silent addiction, “says Eduardo Guedes, researched the Delete Institute.

Serious consequences

.

So silent that the therapist Tatiana warrant that uses the phone to only the necessary

Fantastic: How many messages have here for you to read
? Tatiana Monteiro, physiotherapist:. Six hundred and sixty-two
Fantastic: And this other phone box
Tatiana: Four thousand two hundred and eighty. I get well, five minutes without looking at the phone, when I’ll look has 50 messages
Fantastic:. Do you consider yourself addicted to cell
Tatiana: I consider myself an addict, but so using all the positive cell data. So then, the phone it came to multiply my time.

Does multiplies it? Like many people, Tatiana think it makes an abusive use of the cell. But it was only put a camera in the car and another in her room for two days to prove otherwise. The use was so intense that it was difficult to find times when she was not with the phone. Even in the car. And that may well have serious consequences. A woman flipped twice on the road because he was texting while driving

Woman. 2: I just picked up the phone. At the time I did not take my purse, I heard shouting: ‘run away, run away we do not know what will happen to the car.’ And I looked and looked in the middle of all the phone and I left with my phone
Fantastic:. Why did you do it
Woman 2: I speak my mobile phone is a piece of my body. I always have the feeling that I’m with a company with my phone.

One in four accidents in the US involving cell phone use

The National Security Council of the United States transit found that one in four accidents in the country involving cell phone use because the driver’s attention is halved. And that record audio messages instead of typing would be even more dangerous.

in SP Clinic treats patients with technological dependence

In Araçoiaba, inside São Paulo, the Fantastic visited a clinic that treats patients with all types of addiction, including technology.

Georgia is the second hospitalization, age 17, developed a compulsion over the Internet has led to other addictions.

“I am addicted to cocaine and I have a cross addiction that is the internet and the game also. One thing depended on the other, I could not use if I had not connected with the tablet and I could not play if he had cocaine. So I did not know when it was day and when it was night. It was a triangle: cocaine, tablet, cigarette, all the time. I isolated myself completely, had no contact with society, had no contact with anyone and did not want to, “says Georgia.

A man also sought treatment in Sao Paulo. He did not want to be named for fear of prejudice.

“Everyone thought I was crazy. I left to go out to get on the internet, I stopped studying for getting on the internet, I replaced healthy and good things, fun, into a false sense of pleasure because it really gave me pleasure, “he says.

It is not necessary to give up technology

Experts say such cases are extreme. Dependence is a disorder, but unlike other addictions, it is not necessary to give up technology, only use them sparingly.

“I believe that speaking ill of technology would be inconsistent of me, us today we have a series of countless benefits of how technology has allowed and allows us to live in terms of quality of life, “says Cristiano Nabuco, psychiatrist. – USP

It is important to know what is over. “I was riding, watching the game too, this is a ditch next to the bicycle path that I rolled over. I injured my knee, scraped his hand, “says the student João Pedro Araújo.

” I was on the escalator of the subway when I saw I took a fall, the staff trying to help me and I die of shame, “recalls the Luara Silva student.

Hospital creates campaign to educate employees

The coordination of the Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo, found that many of its employees entered with medical license application had crashed just to be using the phone while doing your daily activities.

“Of course this brings a special injury to people, lack of concentration. People actually are present but are not connected, “says the president of the Albert Einstein hospital, Claudio Lottemberg.

The hospital created a campaign. Green card for anyone who is using the phone the halls safely and booked way for those who are running a small risk.

Travel to stimulate use more conscious and balanced technology

A trip to the beach of digital detox, the beginning of this article, had the same goal: stimulate more conscious and balanced use of technology. After the confiscated cell, each reacted in a way.

“To tell you the truth, I do not remember being so long without mobile,” takes José Gustavo Cal, advertising

“I’m nervous laugh crisis, look how my fingernail yeah, with nothing to do, I’m spoiling my fingernail,” says the commercial supervisor Sandra Resende.

All the trip thought they were normal use of technology. . After a while without the phone, they began to reflect

“And there is (imitating be on the phone) when you see, look at time and say, ‘My God! It’s been three hours, I could have been a bike, have done yoga, many things, ‘”says Adriana Carvalho, actress.

” Every time you take it in your pocket, look to see if anyone you sent message, spends 20 minutes, you look at him again. Then no one sent you message and you’re already encucado: ‘Am I not sign? Why did no one sent me message has 40 minutes already, ‘”says Carlos Alberto, financial wizard.

offline Paradise forces other connections

In disconnected paradise, the connections were necessarily others. After the first day without cell, the group looked fine. Until then, all alive and breathing. Without help of machines. On the second day the group was totally no cell, no selfie, post, email, messaging. On site, enjoy and comment, just right in the eye. For some participants this is the first time the phone is turned off since it was bought in the store. That is, a great adventure that requires up to physical exertion. And after a while, some even were already reviewing concepts.

“More peace and more attention to what happens around me, because if we’re mobile no matter if you have an elephant on my side I’ll keep looking at the phone and will not even see, and if I look at the elephant, the first thing I will do is take a picture to post the photo of the elephant, “says Mauricio Martins, student.

Everyone who thought it was not addicted to technology was looking forward to the reunion.

“They were 48 hours without phones. We will give it to you, to take photos, “announced the yoga teacher Agustín Aguerreberry to return the cell to participants

But no point turn on the unit:.” Unfortunately I wanted to inform you that phone will not start, “says Augustin.

” No way … what we use! “complains Carlos.

” No signal is still somewhat useless, but the sign It is here again. But it was good to see that two days are super practical and is possible, “says José Gustavo Cal, advertising

That’s what experts recommend:. Between the online and offline life, what matters is balance.

“I will try to optimize the time I use pulling the timeline to do something more interesting, but I will not let you use not. I think the important thing is the balance, “says Maurice.

” I think I leave here reviewing a million things to my life. Reviewing moments for me, I had not, that certainly does not include the phone for a while, “says one participant.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment