Thursday, October 22, 2015

Test shows if you are addicted to technology and the Internet – Globo.com

How many times a day do you check messages or social networking updates by phone? Ever find yourself playing video games for hours and did not see the time go? When this digital addiction has disrupted real life, we need to light the warning signal. The Institute Delete, the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, has increased the demand for help.

TAKE THE TEST AND FIND OUT IF YOU ARE A DIGITAL ADDICTED

Crossing the line between use and addiction causes suffering. “I do not sleep right, I sometimes I can be dead tired and I’m moving in the cell, I head banging and do not sleep, early morning agreement, update all social networks and I have to wake up at 6am to go to work” , reports the student Amanda Chaves.

Amanda lost nights and days creating fake profiles to monitor the ex-boyfriend. She sought help in Delete Institute. She found that the problem stems from an old enemy: “I think that anxiety is the main reason that I was totally dependent, because I have things to do and then I’m thinking about it and rather than do, I’m moving on cell phone, trying to get away from that problem I have to solve. “

The use of these technologies becomes an addiction when the time spent on these activities hinders the tasks of real life. It’s that feeling of not seeing life go by and suddenly realize you left something important.

“You off a bit of the world, you just entering the virtual world, where you forget the Friends, forgets his relationship, his life, the social part. You end up forgetting everything is off because of this new virtual world, “says student Yuri Tupinambá.

In the cravings for these battles, Yuri won victories and lost his job. Those with addiction, has withdrawal symptoms. “When the pathological dependent on technologies can not be connected due to lack of battery, for lack of Wi-Fi or the internet itself, it begins to have some anxiety symptoms, anxiety, nervousness, among others, can not be connected account “explains Anna Lucia Speark King, founder of the Institute Delete.

With treatment, Yuri is moving away from the game and the mobile Amanda. “Learning to use the right time, at the right time, turn off the phone when I go to sleep, learn to socialize with people, not help out, to do things because of my addiction in social networks,” says Amanda.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment